Running Activities in Celestia 161-ED issues

Description: Have a question about using Celestia? Check here first for FAQs and helpful advice.
Forum rules: Please help to make this forum more useful by checking the FAQs before posting! Keep it clean, keep it civil, keep it truthful, stay on topic, be responsible, share your knowledge.

Dan_47
Topic author
Dan_47
Topic author
With us: 13 days 6 hours

#1by Dan_47 » 13.09.2017, 08:20

Great program creators. I'm trying to run the Activities on Celestia 161-ED but I keep getting the error saying Line 9 character 1, "The system cannot find the file specified", code 80070002, null. I tried redirecting the hyperlink on the word HERE in the MS Word doc for Activitiy_1&2-161-The_Universe. I put the files: Activity1.vbs, Activity1-161.cfg, celestia-161-ed.exe (I changed the 'ED' to 'ed to match the letter case on the Activity1.vbs file [ which says Shell.run "celestia161-ed.exe --conf Activity1-161.cfg"] with no success), all in the same root folder Celestia161-ED to see if that would help but I can't seem to launch the 1st activity. Celestia-161-ED will run but not through the Activity with scripts and configuration file. Maybe my files are in incorrect locations but it looks like scripts get the current file path name/location. I'm not an expert by any means in scripting, a newbie at best.
I'm not sure if moving vbs files to the Activity-cels folder will have an effect if I pointed the hyperlink to the current location of vbs file. Should the .cfg file be in a specific folder? Is running celestia161-ed and celestia161-ED really different files? The mentioned files are all in the main folder currently. I'm using a 64 bit (install was done to Program Files(x86) folder though), Windows 8 Lenovo Yoga. Any assistance would be appreciated.

Dan47

fsgregs
fsgregs
With us: 14 years 11 months

All Educational Activities have just been updated

#2by fsgregs » 13.09.2017, 22:28

Sorry for your troubles. Fortunately, I have just updated the entire Educational page and its add-ons for 2017/2018. All files have been changed. Motherlode should be able to update the education page within a few days max. You will have to discard your old Celestia161-ED.exe directory on your PC (keep whatever extras add-ons you wish), then reinstall the base program, and all of the files and add-ons on the education page. Hopefully, everything should work fine. :smile:

Dan_47
Topic author
Dan_47
Topic author
With us: 13 days 6 hours

Re: Running Activities in Celestia 161-ED issues

#3by Dan_47 » 14.09.2017, 05:13

Thank you, I look forward to the reinstall.

John Van Vliet
John Van Vliet
With us: 15 years

#4by John Van Vliet » 14.09.2017, 19:03

unfortunately i CAN NOT test the Microsoft ONLY ed addons and the Microsoft windows only exe

i do not own nor have ANY Microsoft operating systems on any of my computers

i am 100% Microsoft clean and free

so i can not test the ED adons nor the exe file that is in my motherload testing folder

Return to “Help Central”